|Location:||Pearl River, NY|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:||Palisades Federal Credit Union|
|Description:||Responsible for overseeing and directing accounting functions, including general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, fixed asset, and cost accounting. Prepares periodic reports, reviews and reconciles data, and participates in the development of specialized financial data. Oversees and prepares entries and adjustments to Company records, files, and statements. Assists with financial and variance analysis and budget preparation. Provides managers with information necessary for decision-making. Directs, trains, supervises, and appraises accounting personnel.|
|Duties:||• Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of all accounting department functions.|
• Ensures accounting functions and duties are accurately and promptly completed.
• Prepares journal entries and balances work in more complicated areas.
• Oversees the preparation of regulatory and governmental reports. Reviews financial information needed to ensure an accurate statement of the Company’s financial position to various regulatory agencies.
• Oversees the Company’s fixed asset portfolio. Prepares depreciation schedules and catalogs furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
• Researches and resolves accounting errors and discrepancies
• Assists with budget preparations and financial analyses. Monitors costs and expenses.
• Prepares regular reports and statements for management
• Ensures accounting functions are completed in accordance with established procedures and applicable regulations.
• Effectively supervises the Accounting Department, ensuring optimal performance. Provides leadership to personnel, trains and directs accounting staff, conducts performance appraisals and corrective actions as needed.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective business relations with vendors, governmental agencies, and outside business and accounting professionals.
• Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain information and/or to correct transactions.
• Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
• Stays informed of developments in the accounting field and of changing governmental and legal requirements.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Experience Three or more years of accounting and related supervisory experience preferred. Financial industry experience preferred.|
Education Bachelor’s degree in accounting or an equivalent combination of experience and training, CPA preferred.
Interpersonal Skills Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
Other Skills Technical knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, procedures, and financial reports.
Understanding of related regulations, statutes, and filing requirements.
Knowledge of related computer applications.
Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines. Strong verbal, written and public speaking skills and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of regulations within the credit union industry.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.