|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:||Capital Communications FCU|
|Description:||Make a smart move, feel empowered, and be part of something different. CAP COM Federal Credit Union can help you advance your career, enjoy a team environment and provide access to great employee benefits. CAP COM is consistently voted Best in Service and one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region.
We are currently seeking Licensed Member Relationship Officers, who are committed to achieving strong member service by acting in a hybrid capacity as both a Member Relationship Officer and a CAP COM Financial Services (CCFS) Representative. The Licensed MRO will Enhance member service at branch level by offering expertise on insurance, annuities, and other CCFS related products as applicable (subject to licensing standards). Serve as a point-person within the branch and to help enhance member participation with both CCFCU banking products and products offered by CCFS, and create “Raving Fan” experiences for the branch employees and members being served.
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform high-level Member Relationship Officer job functions in support of branch needs.
- Offer expertise and write business for insurance products that fit member needs based on License and expertise.
- Educate members regarding Simplified Issue, Term Insurance and Fixed Annuities.
- Educate members regarding Single Premium Life Insurance.
- Advise on and sell complex Life Insurance products.
- Provide guidance and best practices in:
- Estate Planning;
- Explaining the need for life insurance and its role in generational wealth transfer;
- Offering to meet with insurance beneficiaries, as appropriate;
- Understanding and explaining the benefits of trusts and wills, including their purpose, how they are typically used, when they may be appropriate, etc.
- Explaining why beneficiaries are needed on IRAs, annuities and Life Insurance: avoiding probate, potential avoidance of estate tax;
- Provides list of referral sources for members seeking wills and trusts;
- Conducting thorough Financial Check Ups;
- College Bound planning; Educating College Bound members on options for Student Loan Lending and Student Loan Consolidation; Demonstrated understanding of reportable/non reportable assets on a FAFSA; One day per quarter, observe Certified College Planning Specialist; Participate in one College Bound workshop annually;
- Provide leadership within the branch by driving (coaching, motivating) referrals, leading campaigns, training MROs to identify referral cues, training MROs on missed opportunities, leading portions of branch meetings, and modeling highly professional behavior in branches; within the LMRO group, leading group conference calls, sharing best practices and serving as a resource amongst the team, and presenting at group meetings; conducts workshops and leads full group LMRO meetings.
- Independently expand book of business through execution of sales plan.
- Drive production and referrals.
- Act as a liaison between the branch and CCFS referring opportunities to CCFS when appropriate.
- Maintain close contact with CCFS mentor and obtain guidance as needed.
If selected for this opportunity, the following items must be achieved:
- Proven fluency in fulfilling high-level Member Relationship Officer position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Excellent verbal, written, and auditory communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to resolve member issues/concerns independently.
- Keep current with LPL and NYS Dept. of Financial Services Continuing Ed and training, both required and available.
- Successful completion of the Pre-LMRO program
- NYS Life and Health Insurance Sales License.
- Strong understanding of Simplified Issue Insurance, Term Life Insurance, Annuities and Single Premium Life Insurance
CAP COM Federal Credit Union is a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here: https://www.capcomfcu.org/careers.html
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Graig Carbino, Talent Development Manager
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 x4400
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation